BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 22 October 2009

Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

US Pub. Date: 1 September 2009 (Hardback)
UK Pub. Date: 7 September 2009 (Paperback)
400 pages (US version)
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian














This is the second installment of the Hunger Games trilogy.  Before I give my review, I'm going to warn that it assumes you've read The Hunger Games, so if you haven't read the first book and don't want to be spoiled, stop now. If you want the review, you can click below and it will show up.


After reading The Hunger Games, I could hardly wait for Catching Fire to come and was pleased when it arrived at my flat early. It did not disappoint. I literally couldn't put it down once I started reading, and my husband thought there was something wrong with me.



Click here to read the review

This book starts out several months after The Hunger Games ends, where Katniss and Peta are now housed in special part of town. There they deal with issues of guilt, not being comfortable in their new surroundings, and friendship problems. But, before they have time to dwell on their problems, the Capitol comes calling again.


Things haven't settled down after the Games, and the president wants Katniss to fix it during their tour of the districts. There's another secret up his sleeve that I won't spoil here, but let's just say, I was shocked.


Much of this book is the same as the last. There is action, some cute moments, some very horrific moments, and some other sad ones. While I didn't cry while reading The Hunger Games, I did while reading Catching Fire. Again, this book tested my limits on how I felt about humanity in general and the fairness of our lives, what we choose to do with them, and how we choose to live them.


Excellent read! Like I said before, I'll read these again!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that Catching Fire was an AWESOME SEQUEL :D