BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 18 October 2009

Review: The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong





The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong
US Pub. Date: 1 July 2008 (Hardback)
UK Pub. Date: 3 July 2008 (Paperback)
400 pages
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal















My friend recommended I read this book, and I put it off for a while, because I was entrenched in a really great adult paranormal romance. The thought of going back to a story with a 15-year-old protagonist wasn't extremely appealing. But, then I ran out of things to read, and it just sat there staring at me. As is usually the case, I'm glad I read it!

I had a terrible time getting into at first, struggling to keep myself interested enough to get past the first 100 or so pages. I even whined to my friend, who assured me that it got better. She was right, and the action picked up quite a bit about a third of the way through.

I found myself liking the characters or hating them (which is how they were written, so that's good), but I couldn't really relate to them. I think that had to do with age (I'm not a teenager). However, the story captivated me once I got into it, and I can't wait to read the next installment (The Awakening). I have high hopes that it will be even better now that I know the characters and am right in the middle of the action.



If you read this one and have a hard time getting into it at first, keep with it. I was glad I did!

2 comments:

Amna said...

I can post a comment :)

So now I can tell you, nice review and lovely new blog!

*suscribes*

-I need some book recommendations

Annie McElfresh said...

Awe I loved this one!! LOL Although the boys are not Hot! LOL